Effects on individuals
Economic effects of wind energy implementation on individuals (e.g., a consumer or a firm) are crucial factors which may have positive or negative consequences on social acceptance.
Some positive examples could be electricity price reductions, extra incomes from land lease payments for landowners, profits for individual shareholders from wind farm operation. A negative example is property devaluation due to the wind farm proximity.
- Electricity price reduction
- Other economic or in-kind benefits
- Income from land lease payments
- Profits from wind turbine operations
- Devaluation of real estate and houses
- Risk or marginalization of traditional jobs
Find out more
The WinWind project analysed the economic effect of wind energy on individuals as a driver for social acceptance. Here below further readings:
On concept and literature review
Technical and socio-economic conditions pages 30-31